Pay Frequency: Annually
Job Reference: PASTMAN
Pastoral Manager required in Sheffield!
Maze Recruitment Group (MRG) are currently looking for Pastoral Manager. We are working with a mainstream Secondary School in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an experienced Pastoral Manager to work with a broad spectrum of young people.
As a Pastoral Manager you will take lead role in the development and management of student behaviour strategies and will support them to overcome barriers to learning, enabling them to achieve their full learning and social skills potential.
Our client school are looking for the right people to start January 2024, working in a school from Monday to Friday. This is a permanent position.
- Organising the daily routines of students, ensuring their readiness to learn.
- Promoting excellent attendance.
- Liaising with parents, teachers and other support staff and external agencies.
- Supervising students around school.
- Encouraging full participation in school life and extending opportunities for students.
- Ensuring the highest standards of behaviour at all times.
- Providing targerting support to individuals or groups.
- Enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment.
- Have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable.
- Have strong literacy, numeracy, and ICT skills.
- Have knowledge and understanding of young people from varied backgrouns and communities.
- Have relevant experiences of successfully supporting the learning of young people.
- Want to make a real connection to the life of the school.
- Level 3 qualification (A – Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) or experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Sims knowledge desired but not essential. Candidate must be willing to learn quickly as this is the central source of management information on a daily basis.
- Enhanced DBS on the Update Service or willing to carry one out.
- A calm nature is essential as you will be working with vulnerable pupils.
Working with MRG
- We have been working with schools in West and South Yorkshire for 20 years. We work directly with a lot of headteachers and trusts due to our long-standing relationships.
- We pay all our staff in line with AWR so your pay will be equal to that of a permanent employee from day one.
- You will have a dedicated education consultant who work on your behalf and offer ongoing support and guidance.
- You will have access to whole range of Accredited CPD free of charge.
- You have access to our Referral Scheme where you can earn up to £200 bonus for each of your friends you refer to us, once they have a qualified period of time.
- You have the opportunity to win exciting rewards and bonus’.
How to apply
You can apply for this role below or get in touch with us directly. All applicants require the appropriate qualifications, and all teachers require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
Maze Recruitment Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3-5 days.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Maze Recruitment Group Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the GDPR requirements.