Date of policy: 01/09/2021
This policy will be reviewed every 12 months (as a minimum)
Review Date: 01/09/2022
Maze Recruitment Group understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Maze Recruitment Group respects and value the privacy of all of its employees and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with the Company’s obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About the Company
Maze Recruitment Group
Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales under company number 12913358 at 2 Timperley Close, Wakefield, WF1 2FT
VAT number: 361 0261 39
Data Protection Officer: Nicola Wilson
Email address: Nicola.email@example.com
Telephone number: 0330 2291370
Maze Recruitment Group is a member of the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) and of the Information Commissioners Office.
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how Maze Recruitment Group use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that Maze Recruitment Group uses is set out in Part 5 below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which Maze Recruitment Group will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Maze Recruitment Group’s collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data Maze Recruitment Group hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by the Company is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask the Company to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that Maze Recruitment Group has.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the Company using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to the Company directly, and the Company is using the data with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can request a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Part 6 explains more about how Maze Recruitment Group use your personal data, including automated decision-making and profiling.
- This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know about the Company’s use of your personal data and exercising your rights as outlined above. However, you can always contact Maze Recruitment Group to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about Maze Recruitment Group’s use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
Maze Recruitment Group may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with Maze Recruitment Group:
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- Marital status and dependants.
- Next of kin and emergency contact information.
- National insurance number.
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information.
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
- Start date.
- Location of employment or workplace.
- Copy of driving licence.
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships).
- Compensation history.
- Performance information.
- Disciplinary and grievance information.
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipecard records.
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
We may also collect, store, and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health, and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, Maze Recruitment Group must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The legal bases we may rely on are inter alia that the processing of your data is necessary for performance of a contract with you, your consent to use your personal data, or because of our balanced legitimate business interests to use the data. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment.
- Determining the terms on which you work for us.
- Checking that you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
- Paying you and, if you are an employee, deducting tax and National Insurance contributions.
- Liaising with your pension provider.
- Administering the contract, we have entered into with you.
- Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
- Conducting performance reviews, managing performance, and determining performance requirements.
- Making decisions about salary reviews and compensation.
- Assessing qualifications for a particular job or task, including decisions about promotions.
- Gathering evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings.
- Making decisions about your continued employment or engagement.
- Making arrangements for the termination of our working relationship.
- Education, training, and development requirements.
- Dealing with legal disputes involving you, or other employees, workers, and contractors, including accidents at work.
- Ascertaining your fitness to work.
- Managing sickness absence.
- Complying with health and safety obligations.
- To prevent fraud.
- To monitor your use of our information and communication systems to ensure compliance with our IT policies.
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
- To conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand employee retention and attrition rates.
- Equal opportunities monitoring.
We will use your sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- to comply with employment and other laws we will use information relating to leaves of absence, which may include sickness absence or family related leave;
- to ensure your health and safety in the workplace, to assess your fitness to work, to provide appropriate workplace adjustments, to monitor and manage sickness absence and to administer benefits we will use information about your physical or mental health or disability status;
- to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting we will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical, or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation.
We may collect criminal record details for the purpose of working with children, young people and or vulnerable adults.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, Maze Recruitment Group may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on the Company’s services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
Maze Recruitment Group will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with its obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.]
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
Maze Recruitment Group will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods:
- 2 Years – upon which your electronic data will be archived, and any paper files will be shredded.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
Maze Recruitment Group will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to Maze Recruitment Group and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Personal data is only accessible by privileged and necessary personnel.
- Data is stored on a secure system accessible only by an authenticator tool and/or password.
- All technology and systems used are secure and have anti-virus threat protection software.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
Maze Recruitment Group will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, Maze Recruitment Group may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if the Company is involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, the instructions of a government authority, or for auditing purposes to ensure high quality safeguarding.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, Maze Recruitment Group will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, the Company’s obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can request details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover the administrative costs in responding.
Maze Recruitment Group will respond to your subject access request within less than one month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, Maze Recruitment Group aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of the progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Maze Recruitment Group may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if Maze Recruitment Group change its business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on our website at www.mazerecruitmentgroup.co.uk