SEND Teaching Assistants urgently required in Halifax.
Maze Recruitment Group is recruiting for experienced SEND Teaching Assistants or HLTAs to support students aged 11-19 with ASD and Learning Difficulties.
SEND Teaching Assistants/ HLTAs work with and support a range of learners with Complex Needs, especially those experiencing multiple disadvantages.
You will be required to work with small groups or on a one-to-one basis and will work closely with the class teacher, providing additional support to learners who require help in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
You will have experience of working with vulnerable and challenging young people and will manage your own case load and will measure interventions to support the young people.
- Excellent English and Maths (Numeracy and Literacy skills).
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to analyse problems and devise solutions.
- Assertiveness in dealing with pupils.
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end.
- The ability to empathise.
- A non-judgemental approach.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to relate to young people and adults.
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model.
- Negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work well under pressure.
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- A commitment to equality and diversity.
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information.
- A commitment to safeguarding.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working as a Teaching Assistant or HLTA in the UK and will have experience working with SEND Students, particularly ASD, Learning Difficulties and Challenging Behaviour.
Maze Recruitment Group is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to APSCo Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. Maze Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to these vacancies.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3-5 days.