SEND Teaching Assistants urgently required in Halifax.
Maze Recruitment Group is recruiting for experienced SEND Teaching Assistants to support students within a SEND School in Halifax.
SEND Teaching Assistants work with and support a range of learners but give priority to those who need the most help, especially those experiencing multiple disadvantages.
You will be required to work with small groups or on a one to one basis and will work closely with the class teacher, providing additional support to learners who require help in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
You will have experience of working with vulnerable and challenging young people and will manage your own case load and will measure interventions to support the young people.
- Excellent English and Maths (Numeracy and Literacy skills).
- Experience working with Autism, Challanging Behaviour and children with learning difficulties is a must.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to analyse problems and devise solutions.
- Assertiveness in dealing with pupils.
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end.
- The ability to empathise.
- A non-judgemental approach.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to relate to young people and adults.
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model.
- Negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work well under pressure.
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- A commitment to equality and diversity.
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information.
- A commitment to safeguarding.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in SEND departments, Pupil Referral Units or other alternative facilities. Physical Intervention training will be provided however experience of working with EBO and challenging students is necessary.
This is a permanent position to start as soon as possible.
Maze Recruitment Group is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to APSCo Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. Maze Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to these vacancies.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3-5 days.