Maze Recruitment Group are seeking an experienced and qualified Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) for a secondary school in Wakefield.
This is a fixed term, part time contract, three days per week, starting in September 2021 until April 2022.
The successful candidate will have:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator qualification.
- Experience writing EHCP’s.
- Excellent knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
- Extensive experience working with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, Looked after Children, EAL and Gifted and Talented.
- Previous experience working as a SENCo in a Secondary School.
Previous experience working as a SENCo is essential as are the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Diplomacy, empathy, and a caring and friendly attitude.
- Resilience and a robust attitude.
- Flexible thinking and patience.
If you meet the criteria above then we would be thrilled to hear from you.
Maze Recruitment Group is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to APSCo Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. Maze Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to these vacancies.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3-5 days.